|High-growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial Restaurant company seeks experienced HRIS/Payroll Manager based in Vancouver.|
Responsibilities include all Payroll functions for over 10,000 employees(exempt & non-exempt) in multiple states.
Current experience with similar responsibilities is required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
5 or more years experience with multi-brand, multi-unit, multi-state-state payroll
3+ years of experience managing an enterprise system is essential, Ultipro experience, a definite plus!
Experience managing 6-8 person payroll department
A bachelor's degree in business, human resources management, public administration, psychology, or education preferred
- Highly competitive total compensation packages, including 401(k) plans with company match, vacation time, and coverage including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and more
- Retention bonus
- Friendly, upbeat company culture, committed to rewarding a job well done
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional development
- Career growth opportunities for high-performing individuals
HRIS/Payroll Manager Position Summary:
Pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records for multiple payroll entities and cycles in applicable systems. Company HRIS Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains payroll information by designing processes to optimize the collection, calculation, and entering of data in applicable system(s).
- Ensures payroll records are updated by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, wage rates, and location/position transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts using applicable system(s).
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and worker’s compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests from the field.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related objectives as needed.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience in human resources, accounting, or related field
- Must possess solid skills with basic mathematical computations
- Must have a proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Must maintain confidential information, adhere to and enforce company policies, programs, and compliance issues
- Must have solid skills with MS Office, especially the ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets with Excel
- Knowledge and experience using Ultipro software and HRIS is preferred
- Builds positive, professional relationships with peers, managers and field operations teams.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The Company reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of its managers or franchisor. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Please send resume to: ed@RMSadvance.com(in STRICT confidence) if you meet the specifications listed above.
Equal Opportunity Employer